RSS

Hamburger Buns


Make your own hamburger buns!

Okay, so sometimes it might actually be cheaper to buy some buns from the store - but I guarantee these are better. And it only takes ingredients you (should) already have on hand. It also really doesn't take all that much time and effort.


I've been through a few different recipes, but I sort of fell in love with these 40-minute hamburger buns from Taste of Home.  However, I cringe at using so much yeast. Really, 2tbsp is a LOT! So, instead of 40-minute buns, I use less yeast and take my time. 

I simply put the following ingredients in my bread machine on the dough setting and let it do it's work: 
1 tablespoons yeast
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar 
1 egg 
1 teaspoon salt 
3 to 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
Then, I follow the recipe's instructions - seperate dough into 12 equal sized balls, set on baking sheet, and I let them rise some more. Sometimes I'll brush the tops with oil or melted butter, it makes them a little prettier and keeps them from drying out on top.  Then I bake them at 425 for about 10 minutes.

And bam, you have 12 delicious hamburger buns. I *should* be able to get 3 meals out of this, but my husband and son both love snacking on them - plus, sometimes one delicious BBQ pork sandwich just isn't enough. 
0 comments

Posted in

Post a Comment

DML. Powered by Blogger.